Friday, April 24, 2015

Showing This Weekend: April 24, 2015: Kung Fu Killer with Donnie Yen.


If you love Donnie Yen as much as I do, you'll want to watch Kung Fu Killer. I've enjoyed watching Donnie Yen in all his Ip Man movies about the legendary Kung Fu  master of the same name during the Japanese invasion of China. After he moved to Hong Kong, Ip Man reportedly taught a young Bruce Lee back in the day. 

Now, this poster just trades on Donnie Yen's fame and the Kung Fu genre, nothing else. Hence the name "Kung Fu" is prominently displayed in the title, along with Donnie Yen.  As for the director Teddy Chen, I've no idea who he is, although he's probably quite well known in Hong Kong.  Kung Fu Killer was originally released in Hong Kong as "Hong Kong Jungle". 

I think I'll go watch this movie. If not, I will wait for it to stream on Netflix.





No comments:

Post a Comment