Friday, April 24, 2015

Lone Man With Gun: Weekend of April 24, 2014: Laugh Killer Laugh.



The movie is described in some reviews as a killer who enrolls in a creative writing class and starts spewing stories about his exploits and past. Premise sounds interesting and possibly humorous to me, but I think a more creative poster emphasizing the main character's writing attempts rather than his killing job might make me want to see it more. I would dismiss this movie based on this poster. The tagline: Wiseguy or Wiseass doesn't help either. However, reading online about the movie does. LA Times gave it a brief but good review. This leads me to think: If a movie has to rely on people digging deeper to bring themselves to want to see it, then the poster it probably spent millions of dollars on is not doing its job.

Laugh Killer Laugh, starring William Forsythe, Tom Sizemore and Bianca Hunter. Directed by Kamal Ahmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment