Friday, February 27, 2015

Lone Man (and Woman) With Gun: February 27, 2015: '71 and Everly



Judging from this poster, I think this is a war movie, and I don't usually like to watch this genre. However, given the fact that the poster is prominently displaying all the awards this film has won in various film festivals, the movie seems to be a serious take on a serious subject and not just a gratuitous display of gun machismo. So, it might be worth it for you to check it out. I probably never will.


And then there is Salma Hayek in Everly. The poster hits on all the key themes of what seems to be "in": The tattoos, the machine gun, and nudity. It has a catchy description to boot: "Get Out of Die Trying".  I like Latino actress Salma Hayek in general, but even with her naked and all these buzzy symbols of the in culture, I don't think this movie can be saved. It looks plain stupid and improbable. Okay, I just read the description in IMDB. It is indeed stupid: Lone woman facing hit man and mob boss in her apartment, naked.


No comments:

Post a Comment